Juan Baptista de las Casas Treasure - Texas 1811

Started by Marc Austin, Oct 22, 2016, 12:40 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Marc Austin

Oct 22, 2016, 12:40 AM Last Edit: Dec 07, 2017, 10:02 PM by Marc
This is a story that may seem unbelievable, but it's a true story, and it happened to me.

In summary, I located 3 chests of gold coins, gold bullion, flint lock pistols and land grants, buried in Dec. 1810 or Jan. 1811 by Juan Baptista de las Casas just outside San Antonio.

It's an inconvenient, and mind bending reality that a ouija board led us to it.

How it all started

In 1975 my folks were looking for a house to buy...  

We had looked at several properties, and for some reason, which I may never understand (well, it was the 1970's!)  my folks decided to ask the Ouija Board what to do.

They sat down and it immediately started spelling out...

"Spanish riches hill top treasure  Juan Casas 1811  - Down to face of big tree - questions confuse me - mind transmits my sight does not - help me - cannot say more than I know - stood face north shot back and head fell over trunk - behind u cedar - I knew 2 months ago u would come - 1811 needed land papers - none believed him - Juan Casas - I dug hole - chest went - shot - fell over cedar tree trunk - drug and thrown on chest - facing north east of hill - bags skins and papers - sacks 93 coins mex - Texas would be Mexico owned".

Then "we asked" are you talking about the hill we looked at? (one of the properties we had been looking at happened to be on top of a VERY prominent hill).  The planchette (pointer)  quickly, and forcefully moved to Yes.

We had NO idea who "Juan Casas" was!

After that session, I started obsessing over this information...  "Who was Juan Casas?"  - "is this info possibly true?" etc. etc. etc.  I was only 13 at the time, and looked in the school library for any information on "Juan Casas".  The first day I found nothing...  but the second day, I found ONE paragraph in a large reference book on Texas history "Juan Baptista de las Casas - insurgent Spanish Governor, marched into San Antonio January 22nd, 1811, and arrested the Governors and appointed himself Governor".  (or at least something to that effect.)

I started shaking.

After that incredible session, we (my now deceased Father and Sister-In-Law actually worked the Board  - I never worked it - I was just a witness)  started "working the board" on a regular basis.  I now have a stack of "writings" about an inch thick.

One session that I was completely unable to rationalize away (believe me I TRIED!) ... went like this..... letter for letter!!!!!!   (this changed my life and my perspective FOREVER!)

"Massive trullo - not near as small forms of Italy - basically from style of undershelters made of stone and patchwork designed by earliest masons - massive trullo not near as small as found in Italy - built early AD cliffside underground stone dwellings - these found varied in depth and were much smaller - Edward Allen has in depth book early stone shelters - Italy trulli and trullos - have square stone covering entrance flush to ground - nontranslinear - illustrations in book - shaft straight down - big room built with fireplace for cooking and warmth - straight down shaft walls nontranslinear to caves will same patch find - down simple path left for u - dig where simple sign was left for u - to get out simply side of slab otherwise may fall to bottom - u fall - potash all around slab - not completely factual to these indians but close - nontranslinear - watch closely will draw - follow closely piramid shaped chimney with stone"

At this point the planchette began moving in a peculiar way, as if it was trying to draw something.  So we followed that movement and drew this... (this is the actual session!)

Well, we had no idea what a trullo was, who Edward Allen was, or if a book called Early Stone Shelters even existed!.  So, we called the book store and asked "do you have a book called Early Stone Shelters by Edward Allen"  The response was "there is a book called Stone Shelters by Edward Allen, would you like us to order it for you"? Of course we said yes!

Now... ready for what happened next? The book took two weeks to arrive, and when it did, I was the first one to pick it up, and again, shaking, I opened it.  Guess what was on the very first page!  The very same picture the Ouija Board had drawn two weeks earlier!  A TRULLO!  This is the VERY page I opened to...

(IMAGE FROM STONE SHELTERS COMING SOON!)

Something I just realized as I was typing this...  in the original session it spelled "nontranslinear" a couple of times...  it is interesting to note the word "nonrectilinear" in the photo caption above!  $%$#!@!

How I Feel About It

I don't expect anyone to believe my story - if I had not had the experiences, I probably wouldn't believe it... but these things happened, and I can not change history.

So What Happened?

I spent 19 YEARS searching for the burial sites...  from 1975 to 1994... I used everything I could get my hands on...  metal detectors of all kinds, dowsing, digging (by hand!) in various places... I even used ground penetrating radar (20 feet from where I eventually located the burials!  Grrr!)   I finally located the burial sites (shown below) by taking a series of low altitude aerial near infrared photos (laying in the belly of a Cessna 172), in the spring of 1994. I spent the better part of 1994 analyzing these photos.

Now The Bad News.

Anyway, after locating the burials, I tried to do things legally and ethically...  I tried to get permission from the land owner, and the help of the University of Texas.  In those efforts, unfortunately, I shared the LOCATION of the burials with - the famous treasure hunter - Mel Fisher's attorney  in Key West.   Shortly after showing my infrared photos to him, someone crashed through a fence on a nearby highway, drove up to the burials shown on my infrareds, probably using locating equipment far better than mine, found it and dug the chests up.

I will NEVER forgive myself for it.  I am very damaged, emotionally, and mentally, not to mention financially, because of it.  I can not get these experiences out of my head.  Texas lost a MAJOR treasure and a HUGE part of their history.  (not to mention the fact that I lost my life's work!) If I had had a gun in my hand the day I saw the freshly dug dirt, I would not be writing this.  

You can see the fresh digging in this 1995 Google Earth image.... maybe I was standing right there in disbelief when this picture was taken.  Almost all of these ouija board sessions occurred IN THAT HOUSE.  I had walked on top of the burials hundreds of times.  No one else had been in there from 1974, when we moved in, until the day the site was looted.  

One just doesn't stop obsessing over these things.

SO - out of frustration, and in an effort to get people to talk - I set up TreasureNet.com.  This is the very early days of the WWW.   It quickly became, and remained the most popular treasure hunting site on the net.

The sad truth is,  I eventually DID talk to someone who confirmed my greatest fears.  :(  It may be interesting to note, that I sold "TreasureNet" a few years ago, and ONE post, posted in 1995, out of 2 MILLION was immediately removed from the site - THIS ONE!

Evidence

Not long after the site was looted, I would say mid-late 1995 - maybe later - I found these guns for sale online - without any provenance, and way too cheaply priced....

When I first saw these, I immediately had a gut feeling they came from my site, and I myself, don't feel I am very psychic!

So, I called this place up, a site called richestreasures.com, out of sebastian Florida,  owned by  Richard VanZyl, (who I found out just last week - Oct., 2016 was the captain of Mel Fisher's dive boat!) and confronted them...  I came pretty unglued with them.  I asked if the guns came from Texas, and the guy said "it's possible".  My gut sank.   It is NOT a coincedence, that this website was completely removed within a day or two of me confronting them!  

I also confronted the attorney, shortly after the looting took place, and his exact words were "I'm sorry".  "Maybe there's more there".  His wife's exact words when confronted were "Well Marc, all I can tell you, is that when there's a lot of money involved, people do strange things".  These are not words people say when you are accusing them of stealing your life's work!

Consolations

Anyway, one of the side benefits of my search was locating a Spanish Colonial fort site... just a couple hundred feet from the burials...  I found a dropped musket ball at the door of this building as well as small pieces of iron... every time I look at the cart trail - I get SICK TO MY STOMACH - something HEAVY caused that!

The site is so old, only tiny pieces of iron remain.  For the record, these pieces of iron DO stick to a magnet so I KNOW they are not pyrite!

One of the more telling artifacts found at the site was this Spanish Colonial "Beak Point" knife...

Through my research, I learned how the Battle of the Alamo was merely the end of a 25 year process of Spanish loss of control of Texas.

What Texans need to ask themselves is "why were "Texians" defending the Alamo in the first place?"  In 1810 it was defended by Spanish soldiers.

The answer to that question is the Hidalgo revolution of 1810-1811... It began with "El Grito" (Cry For Freedom) of Father Hidalgo, and a subsequent revolutionary raid on the treasury of Guanajuato Mexico in September of 1810, and the "Casas Revolution" which started January 22nd, 1811.

This is a {url=https://www.thoughtco.com/mexican-independence-the-siege-of-guanajuato-2136415]newly posted and excellent account[/url] of the raid on Guanajuato by Hidalgo's forces.

Juan Casas was commissioned (given treasure) stolen in the raid at Guanajuato in December of 1810 by Hidalgo.  Casas was eventually overthrown and tried for treason...  he was executed in Monclova Mexico, August 3rd, 1811, and his head was shipped back to San Antonio and put on a pole to deter others with similar motives.  He never directly revealed the location of his treasure.  Although if someone finds out what he told the priest shortly before he was executed, I predict we will learn that he did tell the priest about it.

It is VERY VERY important to note, that the board spelled out "was for the people of spain not sent another to overcome as viceroy".  This information would tend to support Casas' testimony in his trial.  He was NOT a revolutionary, rather, he was loyal to Spain.

After this debacle, the Spanish Crown lost confidence in the security of Texas, and it's capital San Antonio.

A GREAT history lesson can be found here and here.

Jose Antonio Navarro, a resident of San Antonio was 16 years old in 1811..  meaning he was 41 at the time of the battle of the Alamo.  He was THERE.  In his own words he says "forget the Battle of the Alamo"  the real event in Texas history occurred January 22nd, 1811...  prior to that HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of pesos were being shipped into San Antonio EVERY month to pay the troops.  After the Hidalgo-Casas revolution, that money stopped.

That is why "Texians"  "defended" the Alamo.

Regrets

Frankly, I am more disturbed about these experiences than ever before. And to lose it all for trying to do the right thing is a punishment I may never understand.  

HOW THE HELL DID ALL THAT HAPPEN?

Marc

p.s., if you know more about this theft of a man's life's work - and a huge part of Texas' history, PLEASE tell me what you know - thanks.  marc [at] neuz dot com

Update Friday, March 24th, 2017 - a few days ago,  I watched this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqu-Gzg5tiE

Somewhere in the video it shows 3 chests of gold.  Ever since, I have felt like I have been set afire.   For what it's worth.

Keywords: 5JCDHFK CASAS TREASURE SALVORS 5JCFKDH

Go Up